Christmas and New Year Forest of Dean 2017 / 2018
If you were to type a question into Google, you would no doubt get the answer you want. Sometimes, not always, you may get a host of answers all telling you a different thing. It’s not easy.
Here is a great question to ask Google; what is the most stressful time of the year? You won’t be surprised by the answer though.
Christmas time is the most stressful time of the year, especially for mums. Why should this be? How can such a jolly few weeks be stressful, after all, we eat, drink and make merry, don’t we?
Well; not everyone has a great Christmas time and not everyone east, drinks and makes merry. Some people have to work, in fact, in the modern world we live in, its more normal for people to work night shifts and weekends as well as festive periods. It would seem that the world has forgotten how to sleep or just say “No!”.
Leave Christmas hassle behind and book a Forest of Dean Lodge or Cottage this Christmas
Christmas and New Year
So, why then is Christmas and New Year the most stressful time to be a mom or a worker?
- Finance. Christmas can be a very expensive few weeks, especially if you have children or young adults. Gone are the days of putting and tangerine, torch, some sweets and chocolate into a sock that is hung from the bed end. No chance what so ever of that. These days its Iphones, Drones, laptop computers and computer games. These don’t come cheap, in fact, they can be bloody expensive. Some people go over their heads to keep their children happy and to “keep up with the Jones next door”.
- Family and friends. Yes, the arrival of the mother-in-law rates as the biggest cause of stress and friction at Christmas, according to a poll of 2500 adults conducted by the Daily Mirror. Also ranked high is the heavy workload involved with creating the “perfect Christmas”. Also ranking high is the idleness of the male spouse. Most woman would not trust their husbands to take care of things at Christmas because they don’t think they are capable of such as thing.
- Shopping. On average, a mom would spend up to 226 hours doing the Christmas shopping. Can you imagine that? (I suppose if you are a mom, yes you can.) I have to confess, Christmas shopping is a pet hatred. Does it never cease to amaze you how so may people leave everything to the last minute, or so it would seem. Who likes the pushing and shoving, the queue’s, the bad tempers and often foul weather.
- Decorations. Taking out the “deccies” two weeks before the festive season, every year, to me, seems like Dèjà Vu. It always seems like it has been two minutes since you put them away, and here you are, again, taking them back out. Of course, the lights won’t work or you have lost the ties for the tree decorations or the fairy looks like she has been in a fight with Rocky Marciano. It is never straight forward.
- Yuletide Songs. Yes! If there is one thing guaranteed to send myself and others off the stress scale it is the “Christmas number 1”. In my youth, the Christmas number 1 was the likes of Slade, John Lennon, Wizard, Mud and other talented individuals and groups. Even into the 80’s and 90’s there were still some decent hits at Christmas. Wham, Shakin Stevens, Mariah Carey, to name a few. Then came those dreadful talent shows and the winner was practically guaranteed a Xmas number 1. Very seldom were they any good, in fact, they are dreadful. So dreadful, even Cliff Richard is a welcome warbler with his cheesy hits. Which are the worst number 1 Xmas hits? Take a look.
There are many reasons why Christmas is so stressful, you will have your own pet hate. This Daily Mirror poll is an excellent and informative read. Take a look and see if you can identify yourself among the list of stress causes.
So, why am I posting about Xmas and New Year 2017? Its only October?
Yes, it is only October but Christmas is just around the corner and the annual ritual will soon begin. So, why not give it a rest this year? Yes, really! Instead of the fuss and the bother, all the shopping, the decorations, the mother-in-law, why not book into one of our Forest of Dean Lodges and Cottages?
Let somebody else cook Xmas dinner for you.There will be plenty of places open in the Royal Forest of Dean to make sure you won’t miss the festive meal. Just think; No Washing Up! Booking a lodge or cottage in the Forest of Dean will save you a lot of time, stress and expense. Bring the family, you can even bring the dog, we are pet friendly.
What About New Year?
New Year 2017/2018 is the same. Forget all the running about, all the fuss and bother. Book with us and really enjoy the Xmas and New year for a change.
Book early though!
However; make sure you do this in good time because a lot of people tend to get the same idea at this time of year. The thought of getting away for the festive break becomes ever more inviting. The thought of relaxing in the beautiful Forest of Dean and letting somebody else take the strain is a real attraction.
You can check out what we have available for you, not just in the festive season but at other times of the year. Our villas and cottages are available 365 days of the year. You can pick the time that suites you and look forward to a well deserved holiday or weekend break.
If you have any questions on our accommodation, our staff are more than happy to help you. Please contact us at any time and we will be happy to make sure you get the holiday you truly deserve.
The Forest of Dean Christmas and New Year, its more “Ho! Ho! Ho!” and less “Oh! Oh! Oh!”.